SMG is one of the most exciting growth companies in the UK today. Home to three award winning agencies, Capture, Lobster and Threefold. At SMG, our people are at the heart of everything we do and are our biggest asset. We are proud to provide opportunities for fast career growth, recognising and rewarding great work, and doing this within an inclusive, highly flexible, and innovative environment.
We are dedicated to support our employees to be the best version of themselves both inside and outside of work. We’re have an extraordinary culture built by exceptional people and it’s because of this that we’ve been recognised as 2nd in Best Companies marketing and media's best agencies to work for, and we’ve just received our 3 star accreditation from Best Companies, making us a World Class company to work for.
Across the group, we have a shared mission to lead connected commerce marketing.
We are going through a high growth period as a business and need an ambitious Talent Assistant to support us through this, however there is the opportunity for this to become a permanent role in the team. As a Talent Assistant, you will support across a multitude of tasks within our Attracting Talent pillar of our People Plan, from supporting with recruitment to managing our onboarding process.
We have offices in London, Manchester, Nottingham & Liverpool, therefore this role can be based in or around any of these locations, working hybrid remote, with occasional travel to London as well.
What you'll be doing
We pride ourselves on creating challenging and exciting opportunities, meaning that no two days are the same. However, here's an idea of what your responsibilities will look like:
- Work with the Talent Advisor with 360 recruitment duties from screening CVs, scheduling interviews, and building candidate relationships.
- Build internal relationships and update hiring managers on a regular basis on the status of their roles.
- Draft and create job adverts / descriptions to share internally / externally across our own site and additional attraction channels.
- Act as the first point of contact for candidate queries regarding interview booking, feedback requests and any other queries related to their recruitment experience.
- Take ownership of the recruitment inbox, managing incoming queries from within and outside of the business.
- Be responsible for the new starter onboarding process, from drafting and raising contracts, to right to work checks on day one as well as coordinating the HR team onboarding sessions.
- Keep track of and update the applicant tracking system across our live roles and maintain candidate information / data securely.
- Work closely with the Culture & Communication team to coordinate our external posts and increase engagement across platforms such as LinkedIn, Glassdoor & our Careers Site.
What you'll need to have / be
- Previous administration experience, whether that be professionally or through study / learning.
- The ability to manage workload effectively with clear organisation and prioritisation skills.
- A great communicator and collaborator with people of all levels.
- An interest employer branding and employer presence on social media platforms.
P.s. we try really hard to make sure that we list only essential criteria here, BUT if you think you can do an amazing job, yet don't have every single thing on this list, we'd still love to hear from you.
The best bits
Here at SMG we are dedicated to continuously reviewing and improving our benefits package to offer the best that we can for our people. We have lots of benefits on offer, but here's some of our favourites...
💰 Generous discretionary bonus scheme
🧘♂️ £1,200 yearly wellbeing fund (on top of your salary!) towards your personal wellbeing and passions
📚 £500 yearly “Uni Fund” towards learning and development
🎧 Free headspace subscription
🕐 4pm Friday finishes all year round
🥳 Two fully paid conferences a year at Summer & Winter, as well as a dedicated team that put on activities and celebrations throughout the year
- We will invite you to a first interview which we try to keep relatively informal, so it gives you the opportunity to share your authentic self. The hiring team will be looking to understand more about your experience and why you're interested in working with us.
- There will be a second interview which will last a little longer, and involve some form of task to showcase your ability to do the role.
- We then invite you to a meet & greet which is an opportunity for you to meet the team you'll be joining and ask them questions about the role and wider business.
🌟 Helping you shine 🌟
We are committed to helping you shine and show your full potential by making any changes you might need throughout your application. If you need an alternative way of applying for this role, support with understanding the role and its requirements, changes to be made to the way we hold our interviews, or anything else, then please reach out to us. You can either let us know on your application form or contact the people team to discuss how we can help on firstname.lastname@example.org.
🤝 SMG are proud to be an equal opportunities employer 🤝
We are fully committed to providing equality in the workplace and ensure all opportunities for, and during employment, will be afforded to individuals fairly and irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race including colour, ethnic or national origins and nationality, religion or belief or sexual orientation ("the protected characteristics"). We want our organisation to reflect the diversity of our communities and we welcome applications from people from all backgrounds.
Our full data retention policy can be found here. Got questions? Take a look at our FAQ's here.