SMG is one of the most exciting growth companies in the UK today. Home to three award winning agencies, Capture, Lobster and Threefold. At SMG, our people are at the heart of everything we do and are our biggest asset. We are proud to provide opportunities for fast career growth, recognising and rewarding great work, and doing this within an inclusive, highly flexible, and innovative environment.
We are dedicated to support our employees to be the best version of themselves both inside and outside of work. We’re have an extraordinary culture built by exceptional people and it’s because of this that we’ve been recognised as 2nd in Best Companies marketing and media's best agencies to work for, and we’ve just received our 3 star accreditation from Best Companies, making us a World Class company to work for.
Across the group, we have a shared mission to lead connected commerce marketing.
Read a summary of what each of our agencies do here!
We are looking for a Social Media Manager to provide expertise and best practice insight into planning and optimising effective digital and social media campaigns. With this not being a traditional Social Media Management role, we recommend you take a look at the responsibilities below to see if it's the right fit for you... 🤞
What you'll be doing
We pride ourselves on creating challenging and exciting opportunities, meaning that no two days are the same. However, here's an idea of what your responsibilities will look like:
- Present media plans, model forecast results and define key performance indicators.
- Develop social and programmatic display/video/audio/DOOH/CTV campaigns alongside other digital media specialists.
- Line manage junior digital trading and Ad Ops colleagues and help facilitate their career development.
- Develop relationships with external stakeholders in the digital marketplace.
- Manage multiple diverse projects across the SMG group, from 1PD activations through to geo-located 3PD targeting.
- Deliver digital consultancy and knowledge learning programs for internal and external partners.
- Collaborate across traditional and digital specialists to create holistic, full-funnel strategies to drive ROI and sales uplift.
- Support the development of the agency by bringing ideas to the fore around how our content and processes can be optimised.
What you'll need to have / be
- Extensive & proven experience within a similar role, ideally in an agency or digital media planning function.
- Detailed knowledge of social platforms, including Meta, from audience planning through to activation and measurement functions.
- Experience delivering consultancy and knowledge building training projects using your specialist knowledge.
- Experience using dashboard/insights tools to understand measurement of campaign delivery and using this to inform optimisations.
- Previous line management experience, specifically with more junior team members.
- Confident presenter both to internal and external audience.
- Strong numeracy and Excel skills, as well as an excellent attention to detail.
P.s. we try really hard to make sure that we list only essential criteria here, BUT if you think you can do an amazing job, yet don't have every single thing on this list, we'd still love to hear from you.
The best bits
Here at SMG we are dedicated to continuously reviewing and improving our benefits package to offer the best that we can for our people. We have a whole page dedicated to our benefits here, but here's some of our favourites...
💰 Generous discretionary bonus scheme
🧘♂️ £1,200 yearly wellbeing fund (on top of your salary!) towards your personal wellbeing and passions
📚 £500 yearly “Uni Fund” towards learning and development
🎧 Free headspace subscription
🕐 4pm Friday finishes all year round
🥳 Two fully paid conferences a year at Summer & Winter, as well as a dedicated team that put on activities and celebrations throughout the year
- We will invite you to a first interview which we try to keep relatively informal, so it gives you the opportunity to share your authentic self. The hiring team will be looking to understand more about your experience and why you're interested in working with us.
- There will be a second interview which will last a little longer, and involve some form of task to showcase your ability to do the role.
- We then invite you to a meet & greet which is an opportunity for you to meet the team you'll be joining and ask them questions about the role and wider business.
🌟 Helping you shine 🌟
We are committed to helping you shine and show your full potential by making any changes you might need throughout your application. If you need an alternative way of applying for this role, support with understanding the role and its requirements, changes to be made to the way we hold our interviews, or anything else, then please reach out to us. You can either let us know on your application form or contact the people team to discuss how we can help on firstname.lastname@example.org.
🤝 SMG are proud to be an equal opportunities employer 🤝
We are fully committed to providing equality in the workplace and ensure all opportunities for, and during employment, will be afforded to individuals fairly and irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race including colour, ethnic or national origins and nationality, religion or belief or sexual orientation ("the protected characteristics"). We want our organisation to reflect the diversity of our communities and we welcome applications from people from all backgrounds. More information on what we are doing can be found here.
Our full data retention policy can be found here. Got questions? Take a look at our FAQ's here.