SMG is one of the most exciting growth companies in the UK today. At SMG, our people are at the heart of everything we do and are our biggest asset. We are proud to provide opportunities for fast career growth, recognising and rewarding great work, and doing this within an inclusive, highly flexible, and innovative environment.
We are dedicated to support our employees to be the best version of themselves both inside and outside of work. We’re have an extraordinary culture built by exceptional people and it’s because of this that we’ve been recognised as 2nd in Best Companies marketing and media's best agencies to work for, and we’ve just received our 3 star accreditation from Best Companies, making us a World Class company to work for.
Across the group, we have a shared mission to lead connected commerce marketing.
Read a summary of what each of our agencies do here!
We are looking for a Senior Insight Executive to join the SMG team in our new partnership with Morrisons to create, track and analyse in-store and digital campaign evaluations that provide strategic value to our clients.
What you'll be doing
We pride ourselves on creating challenging and exciting opportunities, meaning that no two days are the same. However, here's an idea of what your responsibilities will look like:
- Work within a small team to create, track and analyse in-store & digital campaigns using a variety of methodologies with a focus on test vs control.
- Ensure that all data uploaded to our in-house data portal Plan-Apps is accurate and insightful.
- Use Plan-Apps data to create best-in-class insight reports that help both our internal teams and clients derive actionable learnings.
- Drive innovative projects forward such as driving efficiencies in our evaluation process and store targeting techniques.
- Develop new methodologies or approaches for evaluating media with a particular focus on building an omnichannel approach which measures performance across both in-store and online channels.
- Be proactively on the lookout for ways to improve & automate processes to save time.
- Assist in the creation of internal training content in order to help upskill client teams on how to deliver compelling and credible post campaign evaluation reports to clients.
- Use our various data access portals to complete various sales & customer analyses which can be used to better inform future campaigns.
What you'll need to have
- Proven experience in a data analysis role at a similar level.
- Experience working with regression models and a strong understanding of the e-commerce landscape is advantageous.
- Strong numeracy skills and ability to interpret complex data and advanced excel skills with the ability to create complex formula and visualise data.
- Experience using programming languages such as Python and R. Desirable but not required.
- The ability to adapt to an agile working environment with clear organisation and prioritisation skills to manage workload effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders.
P.s. we try really hard to make sure that we list only essential criteria here, BUT if you think you can do an amazing job, yet don't have every single thing on this list, we'd still love to hear from you.
The best bits
Here at SMG we are dedicated to continuously reviewing and improving our benefits package to offer the best that we can for our people. We have a whole page dedicated to our benefits here, but here's some of our favourites...
💰 Generous discretionary bonus scheme
🧘♂️ £1,200 yearly wellbeing fund (on top of your salary!) towards your personal wellbeing and passions
📚 £500 yearly “Uni Fund” towards learning and development
🎧 Free headspace subscription
🕐 4pm Friday finishes all year round
🥳 Two fully paid conferences a year at Summer & Winter, as well as a dedicated team that put on activities and celebrations throughout the year
- We will invite you to a first interview which we try to keep relatively informal, so it gives you the opportunity to share your authentic self. The hiring team will be looking to understand more about your experience and why you're interested in working with us.
- There will be a second interview which will last a little longer, and involve some form of task to showcase your ability to do the role.
- We then invite you to a meet & greet which is an opportunity for you to meet the team you'll be joining and ask them questions about the role and wider business.
🌟 Helping you shine 🌟
We are committed to helping you shine and show your full potential by making any changes you might need throughout your application. If you need an alternative way of applying for this role, support with understanding the role and its requirements, changes to be made to the way we hold our interviews, or anything else, then please reach out to us. You can either let us know on your application form or contact the people team to discuss how we can help on firstname.lastname@example.org.
🤝 SMG are proud to be an equal opportunities employer 🤝
We are fully committed to providing equality in the workplace and ensure all opportunities for, and during employment, will be afforded to individuals fairly and irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race including colour, ethnic or national origins and nationality, religion or belief or sexual orientation ("the protected characteristics"). We want our organisation to reflect the diversity of our communities and we welcome applications from people from all backgrounds. More information on what we are doing can be found here.
Our full data retention policy can be found here. Got questions? Take a look at our FAQ's here.