SMG is one of the most exciting growth companies in the UK today. Home to three award winning agencies, Capture, Lobster and Threefold. At SMG, our people are at the heart of everything we do and are our biggest asset. We are proud to provide opportunities for fast career growth, recognising and rewarding great work, and doing this within an inclusive, highly flexible, and innovative environment.
We are dedicated to support our employees to be the best version of themselves both inside and outside of work. We’re have an extraordinary culture built by exceptional people and it’s because of this that we’ve been recognised as 2nd in Best Companies marketing and media's best agencies to work for, and we’ve just received our 3 star accreditation from Best Companies, making us a World Class company to work for.
Across the group, we have a shared mission to lead connected commerce marketing.
Read a summary of what each of our agencies do here!
As a Client Manager in Threefold working on our partnership with The Very Group, you will support the Senior Management team in the delivery of commercial targets through exceptional delivery and implementation of brand campaigns.
What you'll be doing
We pride ourselves on creating challenging and exciting opportunities, meaning that no two days are the same. However, here's an idea of what your responsibilities will look like:
- Manage and develop 2 direct reports (ranging from Client Executive through to Senior Client Executive), completing weekly 121 meetings, quarterly workplans and 6-month appraisal reviews.Support in leading the commercial side of the partnership by managing forecasts, reporting back on commercial positions in line with targets, and assisting with ad-hoc requests.
- Relationship management of multiple stakeholders across TVG and supplier brands, building strong working relationships to help deliver co-branded marketing campaigns for all parties.
- Create insight led creative proposals that help to bring your visions to life. Implement this approach on your wider team for overall best in class opportunities for our suppliers.
- Ensure that all campaigns and supplier relationships are being managed in line with tiering and internal processes. You will ultimately be responsible for ensuring that all planning of campaigns within your category areas are delivered seamlessly.
- Ownership of your own category, managing supplier brands directly to create co-branded marketing plans that align to their brand objectives but also consider TVG wider brand moments. Ensure commercially viable plans are being created working to budgets and being considerate of net targets.
- Assist your team in the reporting of campaigns and continual focus on driving positive change in the way that we communicate data and performance of campaigns with our stakeholders.
What you'll need to have
- Demonstrable experience in coaching and managing a member of your team.
- Experience working in a marketing role ideally within a retail or tech based industry.
- Experience with working towards and hitting ambitious commercial targets of +£1m annually.
- A proven track record in the development and planning of strategic marketing campaigns within the retail environment.
- Ability to build and maintain professional working relationships with multiple stakeholders to deliver best in class client service, at all times.
- Ability to work confidently with data & financial reporting with experience in Excel.
P.s. we try really hard to make sure that we list only essential criteria here, BUT if you think you can do an amazing job, yet don't have every single thing on this list, we'd still love to hear from you.
The best bits
Here at SMG we are dedicated to continuously reviewing and improving our benefits package to offer the best that we can for our people. We have a whole page dedicated to our benefits here, but here's some of our favourites...
💰 Generous discretionary bonus scheme
🧘♂️ £1,200 yearly wellbeing fund (on top of your salary!) towards your personal wellbeing and passions
📚 £500 yearly “Uni Fund” towards learning and development
🎧 Free headspace subscription
🕐 4pm Friday finishes all year round
🥳 Two fully paid conferences a year at Summer & Winter, as well as a dedicated team that put on activities and celebrations throughout the year
- We will invite you to a first interview which we try to keep relatively informal, so it gives you the opportunity to share your authentic self. The hiring team will be looking to understand more about your experience and why you're interested in working with us.
- There will be a second interview which will last a little longer, and involve some form of task to showcase your ability to do the role.
- We then invite you to a meet & greet which is an opportunity for you to meet the team you'll be joining and ask them questions about the role and wider business.
🌟 Helping you shine 🌟
We are committed to helping you shine and show your full potential by making any changes you might need throughout your application. If you need an alternative way of applying for this role, support with understanding the role and its requirements, changes to be made to the way we hold our interviews, or anything else, then please reach out to us. You can either let us know on your application form or contact the people team to discuss how we can help on email@example.com.
🤝 SMG are proud to be an equal opportunities employer 🤝
We are fully committed to providing equality in the workplace and ensure all opportunities for, and during employment, will be afforded to individuals fairly and irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race including colour, ethnic or national origins and nationality, religion or belief or sexual orientation ("the protected characteristics"). We want our organisation to reflect the diversity of our communities and we welcome applications from people from all backgrounds. More information on what we are doing can be found here.
Our full data retention policy can be found here. Got questions? Take a look at our FAQ's here.