SMG is one of the most exciting growth companies in the UK today. Home to three award winning agencies, Capture, Lobster and Threefold. At SMG, our people are at the heart of everything we do and are our biggest asset. We are proud to provide opportunities for fast career growth, recognising and rewarding great work, and doing this within an inclusive, highly flexible, and innovative environment.
We are dedicated to support our employees to be the best version of themselves both inside and outside of work. We’re have an extraordinary culture built by exceptional people and it’s because of this that we’ve been recognised as 2nd in Best Companies marketing and media's best agencies to work for, and we’ve just received our 3 star accreditation from Best Companies, making us a World Class company to work for.
Across the group, we have a shared mission to lead connected commerce marketing.
Read a summary of what each of our agencies do here!
We are looking for a Programmatic Media Executive to join us and work as a digital specialist within the central SMG media team to develop strategy and tactics, and implement programmatic media trades on behalf of our clients.
What you'll be doing
We pride ourselves on creating challenging and exciting opportunities, meaning that no two days are the same. However, here's an idea of what your responsibilities will look like:
- Ownership of programmatic campaign management, including daily budget tracking, bid strategy and financial reporting.
- Identify significant trends and opportunities for optimisations against campaign KPIs, including both online and offline metrics.
- Interact with client teams as necessary on campaign ideation, campaign planning, booking process, and provide them with regular updates on campaign performance, optimisations and insights.
- Create and deliver in-depth post-campaign reporting, presented in a client-friendly manner providing proactive recommendations.
- Offer support to the wider media team as required, helping with programmatic related queries and wider team responsibilities.
- Working with insights teams to deliver the necessary setup approach, ready for uplift measurement.
- Keep pace with industry trends and proactively support with driving forward new opportunities and propositions.
- Delivering proposals off the back of campaign briefs to client teams and clients (where required).
- Be a fountain of knowledge in your specialists to help colleagues and clients navigate technical challenges and queries.
- Help optimise the way we work, to improve our processes, commercial models and structures for the future.
- Explore new media opportunities and drive innovation where you see the benefit.
What you'll need to have / be
- Experience of display media and digital campaign management.
- Familiar with digital performance metrics.
- Experience working with DSPs (preferable).
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to prioritise tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in a growing FMCG or shopper environment (preferable).
P.s. we try really hard to make sure that we list only essential criteria here, BUT if you think you can do an amazing job, yet don't have every single thing on this list, we'd still love to hear from you.
The best bits
Here at SMG we are dedicated to continuously reviewing and improving our benefits package to offer the best that we can for our people. We have a whole page dedicated to our benefits here, but here's some of our favourites...
💰 Generous discretionary bonus scheme
🧘♂️ £1,200 yearly wellbeing fund (on top of your salary!) towards your personal wellbeing and passions
📚 £500 yearly “Uni Fund” towards learning and development
🎧 Free headspace subscription
🕐 4pm Friday finishes all year round
🥳 Two fully paid conferences a year at Summer & Winter, as well as a dedicated team that put on activities and celebrations throughout the year
- We will invite you to a first interview which we try to keep relatively informal, so it gives you the opportunity to share your authentic self. The hiring team will be looking to understand more about your experience and why you're interested in working with us.
- There will be a second interview which will last a little longer, and involve some form of task to showcase your ability to do the role.
- We then invite you to a meet & greet which is an opportunity for you to meet the team you'll be joining and ask them questions about the role and wider business.
🌟 Helping you shine 🌟
We are committed to helping you shine and show your full potential by making any changes you might need throughout your application. If you need an alternative way of applying for this role, support with understanding the role and its requirements, changes to be made to the way we hold our interviews, or anything else, then please reach out to us. You can either let us know on your application form or contact the people team to discuss how we can help on firstname.lastname@example.org.
🤝 SMG are proud to be an equal opportunities employer 🤝
We are fully committed to providing equality in the workplace and ensure all opportunities for, and during employment, will be afforded to individuals fairly and irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race including colour, ethnic or national origins and nationality, religion or belief or sexual orientation ("the protected characteristics"). We want our organisation to reflect the diversity of our communities and we welcome applications from people from all backgrounds. More information on what we are doing can be found here.
Our full data retention policy can be found here. Got questions? Take a look at our FAQ's here.