SMG is one of the most exciting growth companies in the UK today. Home to three award winning agencies, Capture, Lobster and Threefold. At SMG, our people are at the heart of everything we do and are our biggest asset. We are proud to provide opportunities for fast career growth, recognising and rewarding great work, and doing this within an inclusive, highly flexible, and innovative environment.
We are dedicated to support our employees to be the best version of themselves both inside and outside of work. We’re have an extraordinary culture built by exceptional people and it’s because of this that we’ve been recognised as 2nd in Best Companies marketing and media's best agencies to work for, and we’ve just received our 3 star accreditation from Best Companies, making us a World Class company to work for.
Across the group, we have a shared mission to lead connected commerce marketing.
Read a summary of what each of our agencies do here!
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our Creative Team and help us manage and organise a broad range of project tasks for our clients.
What you'll be doing
We pride ourselves on creating challenging and exciting opportunities, meaning that no two days are the same. However, here's an idea of what your responsibilities will look like:
- Liaise with creative head, studio manager and client service to organise, plan, scope and confirm resource availability to meet project requirements.
- Maintain and update resource scheduling for all active/planned jobs.
- Provide production support for projects where required.
- Anticipate future work and projects, adjusting schedules and resource requirements as appropriate.
- Provide project management support to artworkers and account teams during one of our key client’s printer upload periods – which occur at the end of every three-week period.
- Prepare and lead weekly (sometimes daily when needed) resource meetings.
- Ensuring work flows efficiently through the agency and that deadlines and budgets are met.
- Arrange and run team reviews to facilitate the approving and signoffs of work.
- Helping with art buying, image sourcing and freelance sourcing/booking
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of current work and planned work going through the business at any given time.
- Identifying any potential project issues early and troubleshoot where necessary.
- Work with the Studio Manager and client teams to forecast job time accurately, to inform resource required, enable accurate quotes and allow adequate time for projects before commencing.
- Be the go-to person for all creative and planning resource requests.
What you'll need to have / be
- Extensive & demonstrable experience in a similar role – traffic/resource/project manager.
- Experience working in a fast-paced marketing, media, digital agency environment (or similar).
- The ability to juggle multiple projects of their own, while managing and supporting others.
- Highly organised and would enjoy the challenge of managing the process of a busy agency.
- An eye for detail and is methodical in safeguarding quality of output.
- The ability to articulate ideas and opinions clearly, knows when to challenge and how to find solutions.
- An excellent knowledge of digital and design process.
P.s. we try really hard to make sure that we list only essential criteria here, BUT if you think you can do an amazing job, yet don't have every single thing on this list, we'd still love to hear from you.
The best bits
Here at SMG we are dedicated to continuously reviewing and improving our benefits package to offer the best that we can for our people. We have a whole page dedicated to our benefits here, but here's some of our favourites...
💰 Generous discretionary bonus scheme
🧘♂️ £1,200 yearly wellbeing fund (on top of your salary!) towards your personal wellbeing and passions
📚 £500 yearly “Uni Fund” towards learning and development
🎧 Free headspace subscription
🕐 4pm Friday finishes all year round
🥳 Two fully paid conferences a year at Summer & Winter, as well as a dedicated team that put on activities and celebrations throughout the year
- We will invite you to a first interview which we try to keep relatively informal, so it gives you the opportunity to share your authentic self. The hiring team will be looking to understand more about your experience and why you're interested in working with us.
- There will be a second interview which will last a little longer, and involve some form of task to showcase your ability to do the role.
- We then invite you to a meet & greet which is an opportunity for you to meet the team you'll be joining and ask them questions about the role and wider business.
🌟 Helping you shine 🌟
We are committed to helping you shine and show your full potential by making any changes you might need throughout your application. If you need an alternative way of applying for this role, support with understanding the role and its requirements, changes to be made to the way we hold our interviews, or anything else, then please reach out to us. You can either let us know on your application form or contact the people team to discuss how we can help on email@example.com.
🤝 SMG are proud to be an equal opportunities employer 🤝
We are fully committed to providing equality in the workplace and ensure all opportunities for, and during employment, will be afforded to individuals fairly and irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race including colour, ethnic or national origins and nationality, religion or belief or sexual orientation ("the protected characteristics"). We want our organisation to reflect the diversity of our communities and we welcome applications from people from all backgrounds. More information on what we are doing can be found here.
Our full data retention policy can be found here. Got questions? Take a look at our FAQ's here.